Playing with cars helps kids in their development. We have found this interesting article written by Rachel Trost. Rachel holds a master in occupational therapy and she highly recommends playing with cars :)Cognition while playing with cars:
- Experiencing cause and effect relationships, such as when a car drops down a ramp
- Labeling basic parts of a car
- Strengthening hand-eye coordination skills and improving hand dexterity while building a toy car. Consider building a visual model for your child to copy
- Improving hand coordination and hand dexterity while repairing a car using toy tools. Facilitate this by placing your hand on the child’s and physically moving his hands if necessary
- Practice using both hands simultaneously while turning a steering wheel
- Improving strength and coordination while climbing in and out of child-sized car
Have fun playing with cars with your child, and know that they are really learning in the process!